We represent individual, small business, professional, and corporate clients in all facets of tax practice by providing consulting, transactional, and advocacy experiences in all substantive areas of federal and state taxation. We help our clients structure their business operations and transactions for the best possible tax results. We represent clients with many different types of transactions and business arrangements, including the formation and capital structure of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, mergers, acquisitions, tax-free reorganizations, and tax-free spinoffs.
We represent clients in tax assessment controversies with local taxing authorities over property valuation for ad valorem taxation.
We also have extensive experience representing taxpayers in tax controversies with the IRS and the various state and local taxing authorities, including:
- State tax dispute appeals to the Idaho State Tax Commission and the Idaho Board of Tax Appeals
- Federal tax dispute appeals to the Appeals Office of the Internal Revenue Service
- Petitions for redetermination in the United States Tax Court
- Ruling requests
- Judicial review litigation in the Idaho state courts
- Refund suits in United States District Court
- Tax collection alternatives (offers in compromise and installment agreements)