Matt McGee is a Partner with the Idaho law firm, Moffatt Thomas, working from the firm’s Boise offices. Matt has broad experience representing individuals and entities in commercial litigation, water/natural resources and environmental law, and various administrative proceedings, as well as in real estate, financing and business transactions.
Prior to joining Moffatt Thomas, Matt served as a law clerk for the Bonneville Power Administration in the Corporate, Fish and Wildlife and Procurement sections of the office of General Counsel. Following graduation from law school, he served as a judicial extern with the Supreme Court of Oregon.
Matt earned a Juris Doctorate from Willamette University College of Law, cum laude, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Boise State University. Combining his legal expertise with a math and engineering background, he is detail oriented and reliably excels at understanding, communicating, and effectively resolving complex issues. Like his fellow Moffatt Thomas attorneys, he strives to find creative and sensible solutions for his clients’ legal issues.
Matthew J. McGee was elected as a Partner in the law firm, Moffatt Thomas, in August 2016.
- J.D., cum laude, Willamette University College of Law, 2008
- B.S., Boise State University, Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2005
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
Professional & Civic Activities
- Idaho Water Users Association
- American Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar: Sections on Real Estate Law, Corporate Law, Water and Environmental Law
- “Wood River Basin Water Delivery Calls,” Idaho Water Users Association’s annual SUMMER WATER LAW AND RESOURCE ISSUES SEMINAR, Sun Valley Resort, Idaho, June 13-14, 2016
- Idaho Land and Title Association: MERS: Resolving the Controversy in Idaho (March 9, 2012)
Ballet Idaho – Board of Directors