Mark C. Peterson is a member of the Board of Directors of the Idaho law firm, Moffatt Thomas. Mr. Peterson defends numerous employers and sureties at all stages of workers’ compensation matters including at hearings and mediations before the Idaho Industrial Commission and in appellate matters before the Supreme Court of Idaho. Mr. Peterson workers’ compensation experience spans from small companies to some of the largest employers and insurance companies in the world. His experience also includes representing employers and sureties in compliance matters before the Idaho Industrial Commission.
Mark Peterson represents individuals and entities in a wide variety of litigation matters including breach of contract, negligence, liens, collections and other general litigation.
Mr. Peterson represents multiple medical providers in various transactional and litigated matters. His health law practice includes the representation of hospitals in medical indigency, collections, medical liens, federal regulatory compliance, involuntary Mental Health Commitments, claims against estates, and judicial confirmation of contractual relationships with governmental entities. His health law experience also includes representing hospitals in licensing issues and successfully preventing the improper disclosure of mental health records by the Idaho State Department of Health & Welfare.
Ratings & Recognitions
- Martindale Hubbell – AV Preeminent Rating
- J.D., Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, 2001
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 1998
- Honorable Monte B. Carlson, District Judge for the Fifth District Court for the State of Idaho
- Honorable Larry M. Boyle, District Judge for the United States District Court
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
Professional & Civic Activities
- Idaho State Bar – immediate past Chair of the Health Law Section
- Inns of Court – Barrister
- CASA – Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children: volunteer attorney representing abused and neglected children
- Moffatt Thomas, Board of Directors
- North Boise Little League, Board Member and Coach
- Boy Scouts of America – leader
- “Workers Compensation – What Employers Should Know….a view from your claims examiner and attorney on defending claims and minimizing exposure,” Idaho State Council of SHRM 2016 Employment Law Conference, September 30, 2016.
- “Let Caution be Your Guide – What is Privileged (or not?) The attorney-client privilege and work product doctrine in workers’ compensation cases.” Moffatt Thomas Breakfast Briefing, June 2016.
- “Recent Developments in Workers’ Compensation.” Moffatt Thomas Breakfast Briefing, December 2015.
- “Injured Employee’s Return to Work and the Impact on Workers’ Compensation Exposure,” Moffatt Thomas Breakfast Briefing, June 2015
- “The Intersection of Leave Issues Under Workers’ Compensation, FMLA and ADA,” SHRM 2014 Employment Law Conference Download PDF
- “Hospital Liens,” presented to Idaho State Bar Health Law Section
- “The County Medical Indigency Program in Idaho,” presented to Idaho State Bar Health Law Section