Leni Patton works with our litigation practice group, focusing in the litigation arena with experience at the trial and appellate level in both state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Moffatt Thomas in 1998, Ms. Patton was a paralegal in the Los Angeles office of Sidley & Austin, where her work focused on product liability issues that entailed management of voluminous document productions. She assisted attorneys defending automobile manufacturers in crashworthiness cases involving alleged rollovers, instability, interior space design, and restraint system defects.
Ms. Patton’s litigation experience includes:
- The inception of cases by preparing complaints or answers to complaints
- Preparing discovery requests
- Responding to discovery requests by reviewing, analyzing, and managing documents
- Preparing for document production
- Drafting many types of pleadings
- Deposition preparation
- Interviewing witnesses
- Performing all types of research
- Preparing for trial, including assistance and attendance at trial, are her favorite things
- Involved with post-trial motions to the appeal process
- If not at trial, concludes cases by preparing settlement agreements and finality documents and pleadings
- Certified Paralegal, Professional Paralegal Academy at Los Angeles Valley College, Valedictorian, 1995