Lee Radford is a partner with the Idaho law firm, Moffatt Thomas. He is the managing partner for the firm’s Idaho Falls office, located in the Snake River Landing area. Mr. Radford focuses his practice on helping businesses succeed and prosper in Idaho’s legal environment. He also represents these companies in litigation designed to achieve their business objectives.
Mr. Radford’s practice focuses on growing successful business enterprises. This includes experience in corporate formation and organization, real estate development, land use planning and permitting, mergers and acquisitions, commercial leasing, health law, and property tax issues.
He is also focused on helping companies choose Idaho as the best place to locate new operations and facilities. He has extensive experience with the Idaho urban renewal laws and tax increment financing. He is often involved with local Idaho municipalities and counties in bringing new business to Idaho.
Mr. Radford’s practice deals with many of Idaho’s principal industries, including agriculture, science, health care, and real estate. Mr. Radford’s practice includes representing companies in disputes regarding employment, competition, purchasing, construction, health law compliance, and creditor’s rights. He assists businesses in resolving disagreements among owners, disputes involving commercial contracts, and litigation involving design and construction issues. He has also helped many families in connection with business succession disputes.
Mr. Radford also represents companies dealing with the environmental effects of industrial operations, including litigation regarding environmental clean-up efforts and the health effects of asbestos and other toxic and radioactive substances.
- J.D., Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark School of Law, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, 1989
- B.A., Brigham Young University, cum laude, 1986
- Utah Supreme Court (1989-1990)
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
- Illinois State and Federal Courts (1989-1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh, and Ninth Circuits
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Grow Idaho Falls, Inc., Executive Board (2004-2008), Chair (2007-2008)
Grow Idaho Falls, Inc. is now the Regional Economic Development Corporation for Eastern Idaho (REDI for Eastern Idaho)
- Idaho Falls Redevelopment Agency (2002-present), Chair (2013-present)
- National Association of Property Tax Attorneys (NAPTA)
- Seventh District Bar Association, Officer (2007-2011), President (2010-2011)
- “Urban Renewal and Commercial Real Estate,” Panelist for the Idaho Business Review Breakfast Series, August 9, 2016.
- Mayors’ Business Day Panelist, “#TalentPipeline. Find it. Keep it.” April 19, 2016. Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce. Innovative workplaces and cultures and the effects of current workplace realities on commercial development projects.
- “Essentials of Securities Law,” Technology Ventures Corporation, Center for Commercialization and Entrepreneurial Training (CCET), June 10, 2009
- “Attracting Equity & Credit Investors and Lessons Learned” and “Securities Offerings,” December, 2009
- “Redevelopment Agencies,” Idaho Falls Rotary