Jon Stenquist is a Commercial and Real Estate Litigation attorney in the firm’s Idaho Falls office. He has 17 years of experience representing clients in a variety of financial, banking, corporate, construction and real estate matters. Jon is a shareholder and member of the firm’s Board of Directors.
Jon Stenquist began his career in Houston, Texas working on complex transactional and litigation disputes. He is known as an effective advocate who understands the law and the economics of litigation, providing both value and security to his clients. He frequently appears in state and federal courts across Idaho, Western Wyoming and Northern Utah and often appears in federal district and bankruptcy court.
On the transactional front, his experience in litigation gives him a unique perspective on issues relating to corporate formation, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, commercial contracts, construction disputes, employment contracts, and homeowners’ associations. He is an outstanding resource for both small and large companies needing outside general counsel or assistance managing special projects.
Mr. Stenquist’s experience includes:
- Successfully defending large banking institutions from allegations of bad faith, predatory lending, wrongful foreclosure, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract.
- Successfully obtaining judgments against fraudulent borrowers who obtained funds through misrepresentation.
- Successfully defeating partner’s claims of verbal modification of contract.
- Successful defense of property owner’s rights to property boundaries.“Frequently appears in my court. Always prepared and articulate. Honest with the court and counsel. Highly recommended.”
- A recommendation from a local judge describes his reputation perfectly:
A recommendation from a local judge describes his reputation perfectly:
“Frequently appears in my court. Always prepared and articulate. Honest with the court and counsel. Highly recommended.”
Getting to Know Jon Stenquist
Jon is a cycling enthusiast and golfer who regularly participates in the famous 206-mile Logan to Jackson cycling race.
Jon Stenquist is admitted to the state bar in Idaho, Wyoming, Utah and Texas.
- J.D., Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark School of Law, 1999
- University of Texas Executive Education Program, 1999
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 1996
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Wyoming State and Federal Courts
- Utah State and Federal Courts
- Texas State and Federal Courts
Professional & Civic Activities
- Idaho State Bar – Real Estate Section, At Large Council Member (2012-present)
- Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce – Business Resources Committee Officer (2008-2013)
- Moffatt Thomas, Board of Directors
- Idaho AGC (Associated General Contractors), member
- Idaho Banking Association, member
- Federal Bar Association – Banking Law, Bankruptcy Law, and Federal Litigation
- 34th Annual Bankruptcy Seminar, Idaho State Bar: Article 2 – Case Study: Commercial Litigation. February 2016. More information on this event: http://www.moffatt.com/news-item/idaho-state-bar-34th-annual-bankruptcy-seminar/
- “Buyer Beware: Your Homeowner’s Association May be More Powerful than You Think,” Idaho State Bar 2016 Annual Meeting, July 2016.