Jamie K. Moon is an attorney in the Boise office of the law firm Moffatt Thomas. Ms. Moon focuses her practice in the area of workers’ compensation for employers, commercial litigation and employment law. Ms. Moon earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Lewis and Clark College, and she earned her Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, from the Willamette University College of Law in Salem, Oregon. While attending law school, Ms. Moon was Editor-in-Chief of Willamette Law Online, as well as the Source and Cite Editor of the Environmental Law Journal. Ms. Moon served as a law clerk for the Marion County District Attorney, as well as at the Oregon Law Office of Coughlin, Leuenberger, Moon, and Rohner.
Ms. Moon serves on the Governing Council of the International Law Section of the Idaho State Bar.
Getting to Know Jamie Moon
When not at the office, Jamie is an enthusiastic snowboarder. An avid traveler, she has had the opportunity to travel to many countries where she has enjoyed exploring diverse cultures, studying and volunteering.
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law, summa cum laude, 2014
- B.A., Lewis and Clark College, 2011
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
Professional & Civic Activities
- Idaho State Bar, International Law Section Governing Council (At Large Council Member)
- Idaho Women Lawyers
- Human Resources Association of Treasure Valley (HRATV)
- Willamette Law Online, Editor-in-Chief (2013-2014)
- Willamette University Moot Court, Board Member (2012-2014)
- Environmental Law Journal, Source and Cite Editor (2013-2014)
- Society of Human Resource Management, Member
- “Recognizing Foreign Judgments in Idaho,” the International Law Section of the Idaho State Bar, February 3, 2017.
- “The New Workforce – Fitting New Workplace Realities Under the Existing Legal Umbrella,” Idaho State Council of SHRM 2016 Employment Law Conference, September 30, 2016.
- “Let Caution Be Your Guide – What Is Privileged (or Not)? The Attorney-Client Privilege and Work-Product Doctrine in Worker’s Compensation Claims.” Moffatt Thomas Employment Law Breakfast Briefing, June 7, 2016.
- “Recent Developments in Worker’s Compensation Law.” Moffatt Thomas Employment Law Breakfast Briefing, December 1, 2015.