Dave Gardner is an experienced trial lawyer who has litigated a broad range of cases in both state and federal courts in Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. His enthusiasm and attention to detail help him focus on the unique issues of each case in order to obtain favorable and efficient results for his clients. His trial experience in front of several state and federal judges and his hearing experience before the Idaho Industrial Commission, Boards of County Commissioners, and other administrative bodies qualify him for a broad range of problem solving through the litigation process.
Some of his recent litigation successes include:
- Summary judgment for a homeowner in a boundary dispute brought by the City along with an award of attorney’s fees.
- Defense verdict for a ladder manufacturer in a product liability action.
- Summary judgment for a general contractor in a construction zone liability matter reported in DRI The Voice publication.
- Defense directed verdict in favor of a multi-national contractor in a sexual harassment case.
- Defense verdict in favor of a local attorney in a professional negligence matter.
- Defense verdict in a personal injury case regarding an automobile accident involving a large distributor.
- Unanimous Order denying claim from the Idaho Industrial Commission in a workers’ compensation action for death benefits involving a large government contractor.
Getting to Know Mr. Gardner
Dave is a natural problem-solver who tries to help his clients resolve their disputes effectively and efficiently. He enjoys the opportunity his practice affords him to learn more about his clients and their businesses. He truly believes that the greatest part of being a trial lawyer is the opportunity to learn “a little bit about many different things.” His tenacity for constant learning helps him to be a skilled advocate for his clients. In his free time away from the office, he enjoys golfing with his wife at the Juniper Hills Country Club, skiing with his children in the wonderful Idaho and Utah mountains, and solo long runs on the beautiful country roads of Pocatello.
Mr. Gardner, a Martindale Hubbell Preeminent AV Peer Review Rated attorney, is a recipient of the Idaho State Bar’s Denise O’Donnell Day Pro Bono Awards, and the 2015 inaugural Southeast Idaho Professional of the Year Award. In 2016 the Defense Research Institute (DRI – Voice of the Defense Bar) awarded him the 2016 DRI State Leadership Award.
Ratings & Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Super Lawyers
- Idaho State Bar Professionalism Award, 2013
- Idaho State Bar Denise O’Donnell Day Pro Bono Award, 2011
- Southeast Idaho Professional of the Year Award Program, 2015
- DRI State Leadership Award, 2016 (Defense Research Institute: DRI – Voice of the Defense Bar)
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 1995
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 1992
- Honorable N. Randy Smith and B. Lynn Winmill, District Judges for the Sixth Judicial District for the State of Idaho
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
- Utah State and Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Professional & Civic Activities
- Idaho State Bar – Worker’s Compensation Section (past Chair)
- Sixth District Bar Association (past President)
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar (Past Idaho State Representative)
- CLM Alliance – Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (member 2012-2016, and past State Chair)
- Idaho Association of Defense Counsel
- Portneuf American Inn of Court
- Access to Justice Leadership Committee, Idaho State Bar
- Moffatt Thomas, Board of Directors