Cynthia A. Melillo is dedicated to helping clients achieve their goals and obtain the results they are seeking. Cynthia has over 18 years of experience providing legal assistance to real estate developers, small businesses, and telecommunications providers. Cynthia uses her experience, knowledge, and enthusiasm for her work to become an integral part of her clients’ businesses. She works closely with her clients in developing strategies and creative solutions to meet each client’s unique needs.
Cynthia specializes in real estate development matters, including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements; drafting and negotiating commercial leases; providing assistance in financing the purchase and/or development of real property; drafting development documents such as Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions and Restrictive Easement Agreements; and creating owners’ associations. She is also skilled in the development of fractional ownership programs and condominiums. Cynthia understands the importance of maintaining strong relationships with lenders, title and escrow professionals, and government agencies in order to better represent her clients’ needs.
Cynthia also serves as primary outside counsel for many businesses, both small and large, performing many legal functions such as providing general legal guidance and support; drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts; handling regulatory matters; assisting in employment matters; and attending board meetings and managing corporate compliance matters.
Ms. Melillo is experienced in assisting in the purchase and sale of businesses, including complex asset and stock transactions.
Getting to Know Cynthia Melillo
Cynthia enjoys new experiences and learning new things. Although she is not a country music fan, her new challenge is country swing dancing. Each fall, Cynthia can be found cheering for her college USC Trojans.
Leadership Idaho Agriculture, The Legal Side of Agriculture: Growing Your Business–Transitioning from a Sole Proprietorship, 1031 Exchanges
Ratings & Recognitions
- Tribute to Women in Industry Award 2007
- Women of the Year, 2011 Award Recipient, Idaho Business Review
- Leaders in Law Award, 2013 Honoree, Idaho Business Review
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law 1998
- M.A., Political Thought, University of Kent at Canterbury, England
- B.A., Political Science, University of Southern California 1984
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
Professional & Civic Activities
- BOMA Idaho – Building Owners and Managers Association
- University of Southern California Alumni Chapter of Idaho, Past President
- College of Western Idaho Foundation, Board Member
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Executive Committee for Light the Night Walk, 2011-2013
- Idaho State Bar – Real Property Section, Past Chair
- “Idaho Updates: Trade Secrets, Non-Compete Agreements and More!,” Idaho State Council of SHRM 2016 Employment Law Conference, September 30, 2016.
- Growing Your Business — Transitioning from a Sole Proprietorship, 1031 Exchanges. Leadership Idaho Agriculture, The Legal Side of Agriculture, February 2016.