Bradley J Williams is the consummate litigator, having represented individuals and companies for over 25 years. Mr. Williams has extensive litigation and trial experience, having tried 23 jury trials and 4 bench trials. Mr. Williams has appeared before the Idaho Supreme Court and Court of Appeals in 8 cases.
Mr. Williams is a passionate and zealous representative for his clients, but is also recognized for his civility and professionalism. He has been described by colleagues and judges as “courteous, professional, intense, well prepared, collegial,” and is a good mentor for young lawyers.
Getting to Know Mr. Williams
Brad was born in Blackfoot, Idaho, in 1960 and is a 5th generation Idahoan. He was the first person in his family to go to college. He loves public speaking, debate, drama, reading, and writing. Brad was President of the debate team at Skyline High School, and represented Idaho at the National Speech and Debate Tournament at Northwestern University in Chicago in debate and extemporaneous speaking in 1978. Brad moved to New York City after high school in 1980 and lived in Queens for two years, working in Manhattan for a while and later at a pickle factory in Long Island City, while trying to write “the great American novel.”
After several years of factory life, Brad went back to school at Idaho State University and was president of the debate team for three years. He studied English, History, Philosophy, Rhetorical Theory, and Criticism in college, and decided to apply his speaking, writing, and analytical skills in a field that could support a family, which is why he went to law school.
Brad and his wife, Jacque, who teaches elementary education, have been married for 28 years and have four children: Donnie, Katie, Hannah and Nick. Brad and Jacque enjoy camping, hiking, travel, movies, good cooking, golf, reading, and spending time with family and friends when they aren’t working. Brad hopes to start on that novel someday.
- J.D., University of Idaho College of Law, 1989
- B.A., Idaho State University, 1986
- Honorable Robert E. Bakes, Chief Justice for the Idaho Supreme Court
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Professional & Civic Activities
- Idaho Association of Defense Counsel, Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Federal Bar Association, Former Member, Executive Committee
- American Bar Association – Litigation and Employment Sections
- Idaho State Bar – Litigation and Employment Sections
- Museum of Idaho, Board of Directors
- Idaho Falls Arts Council, Former Board Member
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Member
- Litigation Strategies
- Insurance Coverage in Bad Faith
- Discovery and Depositions
- Employment and Labor Law Seminars, including ADA, ADEA, wrongful terminations, wage and hour, FMLA
- Use of Social media in Employee Background Checks, Idaho State Council of SHRM