Andrea Rosholt is an Idaho native whose multi-faceted practice focuses on both litigation and business law matters. In addition to experience in both the public and private sectors, Ms. Rosholt holds a Masters of Laws (LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Washington School of Law. Ms. Rosholt draws on her experience, including undergraduate background focused on industrial-organizational psychology and communication, with the goal of understanding business efficiencies.
When she is not litigating commercial matters, Ms. Rosholt’s practice focuses on state and local as well as federal tax and ERISA issues facing companies and their executives.
In her spare time, Ms. Rosholt volunteers locally with United Way NEXT, helps hospitals raise money for portable mammograms, and sponsors and donates to the French Bulldog Rescue Network in honor of her own Frenchie, ZuZu.
Ms. Rosholt has presented to Leadership Idaho Agriculture, The Legal Side of Agriculture: Growing Your Business–Transitioning from a Sole Proprietorship, and 1031 Exchanges.
In July 2016, she was elected as Treasurer to the Governing Council of the Idaho State Bar Litigation Section.
- LL.M. Taxation, University of Washington School of Law, 2011
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 2009
- B.S., University of Idaho, 2005
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
- Washington State and Federal Courts
Ratings & Recognitions
- IBR Leaders in Law Award, 2016 Up and Coming Lawyer
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar – Litigation Section Treasurer and Governing Council member
- Washington Bar Association
- Idaho Association of Defense Counsel
- American Inns of Court
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Boise Young Professionals
- Idaho Bankers Association, member
- “New Federal Trade Secret Law Affects Idaho Employers,” Idaho Business Review, August 29, 2016.
- “Entity Selection – Tax Advantages and Traps for Farmers and Ranchers,” ISB International Law Section, February 19, 2014 Download PDF
- “Conflicts of Interest: Challenges in the 21st Century,” Gerald T. Husch and Andrea J. Rosholt, The Advocate, October 2013 Download PDF
- “Idaho Updates: Trade Secrets, Non-Compete Agreements and More!,” Idaho State Council of SHRM 2016 Employment Law Conference, September 30, 2016.
- “Surprising Recent Rulings in Idaho Employment Law Cases,” Moffatt Thomas Employment Law Breakfast Briefing, June 2016.
- “Growing Your Business–Transitioning from a Sole Proprietorship, 1031 Exchanges,” Leadership Idaho Agriculture, The Legal Side of Agriculture, February 2016
- “After the Termination: Severance Pay / Taxation Issues for the Employer,” Moffatt Thomas Employment Law Breakfast Briefing, December 2014
- “ERISA: What Every Idaho Employer Needs to Know About Recent Trends and Impacts,” Moffatt Thomas Employment Law Breakfast Briefing, December 2013
- United Way NEXT Emerging Leaders
- Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program of the Idaho Law Foundation, including teaching Soundstart curriculum to young, low income families
- French Bulldog Rescue Network
- St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center Foundation, volunteer fundraiser