Moffatt Thomas is a member of SCG Legal (formerly known as State Capital Group). Firms are invited to join only after demonstrating the highest quality service, industry leadership and the clear value their membership would bring to the network. Candidacy is informed by recommendations from members, clients and colleagues; professional memberships, writing and teaching experience; and community service, honors and rankings.
SCG Legal is a seamless global network of 148 of the profession’s preeminent independent law firms with more than 11,000 attorneys located in over 300 cities in 82 countries around the world. By uniting their skills, expertise and influence, our member firms help leading and growing companies in every industry navigate a complex and ever-changing legal landscape. With local and regional experts across the globe, our independent member firms capitalize on the strength and effectiveness of our network to help their clients solve today’s toughest business challenges.
Through our membership in SCG Legal, Moffatt Thomas can provide its clients with an effective and trusted resource for identifying local counsel worldwide. As a member firm, we can connect our clients to local or regional experts anywhere in the world, using the network to identify an attorney or attorneys of another member firm with the experience to help solve our clients’ legal and business challenges. From standard business transactions to the most complex business plans, locally or around the world, SCG Legal connects companies to:
- Expert knowledge of local, state, national, and international regulatory agencies.
- Sophisticated transactional experience for public and private M&A transactions, public and private financing, and corporate and securities law matters.
- Time-tested complex litigation experience, including class actions, derivative actions and investors’ rights, environmental litigation, and intellectual property litigation.
- “On-the-ground” representation in multijurisdictional litigation, providing knowledge of current local conditions and practices.
- Experienced ADR mediators, arbitrators and advocates, with specialized knowledge in a variety of industries.
SCG Legal member firms work with new and emerging companies around the world to secure tax incentives, comply with zoning rules, obtain permits, and overcome regulatory hurdles. Established and expanding companies choose SCG Legal member firms to help them structure transactions efficiently and cost-effectively; establish financing; set up new divisions; form strategic alliances; merge with and acquire companies; manage labor and employment issues; and protect intellectual property.
Note: Member firms of SCG Legal practice independently and are not in a relationship for the joint practice of law